Apple Picking

This morning my oldest daughter got up early with us again, so that my son didn’t have to sit by himself while I drove my younger daughter to school. Once I had them both at school we had tea and breakfast together. Then we watched a bit of tv. We made a small meal plan for the rest of the week, trying to use whatever we had at home and then a grocery list with as few things on it as possible, to keep it affordable. Then we went to No Frills and bought the few things that we needed. I also put a bit of gas in my van. Then we came back home. She helped me get some veggies cut and some stew cooking. I did the dishes, then my hubby got up. I went with my daughter to the Starbucks in Leduc, where my daughter had an interview. I brought my book with me and had a bit of change on me, enough to buy some tea. I sat and read my book while she had her interview. Afterwards we drove back home. She thinks it went well, but I guess we just have to wait and see! The lady said that she’d get back to her within the week. It’s only for a very part time position, but it is better than nothing!! When we got home I added the veggies to the stew. Then my younger daughter and I left for dance. I dropped her off and then I drove to my mom and dad’s house. I visited with them for a bit. My dad helped me convert my hubby’s resume from a PDF document to a Word document. (My friend saw on the news that many popular job sites, like Indeed and Workopolis, currently have a glitch in there software and their system is not reading resumes in PDF form correctly. They said that people who were uploading their resumes as PDF documents were not hearing anything back from numerous places that they had applied to. Of course all of the jobs that my hubby has applied for have been on these sites and his resume has been in PDF form!! So, my friend knew that he hasn’t heard back from anyone, even though he’s applied for a ton of jobs. When she saw this on the news she called me right away to let us know. Crazy right?! Could this be the reason why he hasn’t heard back from anyone?! Sooo frustrating!! Anyway, I’m going to probably go back to their house tomorrow, while my daughter is dancing, and fix my hubby’s resume and then upload it, not as a PDF document, to his file on the Indeed and Workopolis sites. We don’t have Word at home anymore and I am not familiar with Google Docs, which is what my kids use and what my hubby originally used for his resume. I only had a short amount of time at my parent’s house today, so I didn’t really have time to work on it. After my short visit with my parents, I picked up my daughter from dance and we drove home. We stopped at Shoppers and bought her a cheap agenda that she can use for school and then we went home. My hubby had already left for work and my oldest daughter and son had already eaten supper. So, my younger daughter and I ate supper, while my older daughter and son made banana bread together. When we were finished eating and the banana bread was in the oven, we all went outside in the backyard. Because it’s supposed to snow tomorrow…if you can believe it, we needed to get a couple things done. We put the summer chairs and toys into the shed and covered the wooden ones with a tarp. Then I brought out my hubby’s folding a frame-type ladder and we picked as many of the big apples from our apple tree as we could. It was pretty difficult, the tree has gotten quite tall and there were some high ones that we just couldn’t get, but we got what we could. Our tree grows two kinds, little red crab apples and some nicer bigger ones. We focused on the bigger kind, because with the little ones, by the time you cut and core them there’s practically nothing left!! We brought them inside in two boxes. It got dark while we were out there, so once we had the apples inside I went through them to make sure that we didn’t bring in too many bugs with them! I found a few, hopefully all of them. Then I started getting my son ready for bed when my younger daughter had a minor crisis, she was taking her pointe shoes out to bring them with her to school tomorrow, for a photography assignment at school, when she noticed that one of the shoes had a huge stain on it. She was really upset! We searched how to clean them and found a couple different things. So we tried to clean them off. It was difficult to tell if we got it all, because, as soon as they got even a tiny bit damp, they went a strange orange colour. I hope that they’re okay. We certainly cannot afford another pair right now!! When we finished cleaning them, it really didn’t take that long, I read and sang to my son. Then I said goodnight to my daughter as well. I read my book a little, now I’m going to get ready for bed. It was a long day and I still have a cold , so I’m tired.

Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the we’World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.””Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!”

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s