Represent Street Dance Competition

This morning we slept in a bit. We woke up at 8:20 and my hubby usually is leaving with my son to go to school by 8:25. So, needless to say, he was a bit late for school!! I felt rushed too, because my daughter and I had to leave for her hip hop competition (the last competition of the season!!!) by about 9:00-9:15, by the time I got my son ready, I didn’t have a whole lot of time left for myself! I managed and we left by 9:15. We had to stop at the bank on the way. We arrived at the UofA by about 10:00. By the time we parked, payed for parking and walked to the Myer Horowitz theatre we arrived exactly at 10:15, which is when my daughter needed to be there. I bought my ticket and got my program, then I sat with a couple of the moms that are also from Amanda’s. We went into the theatre a bit early and watched some of the numbers before our kiddos went on. The first dance was hip hop line. They did really well today. There wasn’t a prop problem at the beginning this time, so they started out strong! They kept the energy up throughout the dance and did great! This competition has long sessions before adjudication. The first session went from the morning to about 12:30. When they finished their dance, they had a good hour long break before they had to be back for adjudication. I met my daughter in the lobby and took her down to the food court. I wasn’t feeling hungry, by sick, so I got her Subway and I just had a drink. After she ate we went back upstairs to the theatre. She took the rest of her sandwich to her bag in the dressing room and got ready to go backstage. I went up to the balcony and watched the adjudication from there. They called all of the kids back onto the stage and there were a ton of them. They all sat with their groups and were squished in and filled up the entire stage. They did great! They received a gold and second place! When adjudication was finished, my daughter had to go back to the dressing rooms and change her hairstyle and then go to rehearsal hall. I went downstairs and outside and sat in the sun withone of the moms that I really like and get along well with and her younger daughter, who was in the hip hop crew (the first dance) but is not in the next one (her older daughter is in both). We sat outside for a while and then went back upstairs to the theatre when it was close to the time for the next dance to go on stage. We went into the theatre and watched them. They did really great again!! We watched a few other dances, then went to the lobby and met our girls. We all went back downstairs to the food court and had something to eat and visited for a while, since it was again a long session before adjudication. We had almost an hour and a half to kill. When it was time, we went upstairs and the girls went backstage and we went upstairs to the balcony. We watched the last couple of dances in the session and then the adjudication. They received a gold again and an award for the most promising. We left the theatre after adjudication was finished. We met the girls again and said goodbye and went to our vehicles. My daughter and I drove home. It took a while to get out of the university area, traffic was very slow moving. Once we were away from the university it wasn’t nearly as bad. When we got home we were just in the entrance way when my hubby and son came in the door too. We went to BP’s for supper. Then we came home and my daughter got ready to go to her friend’s house and my son and I played a Switch game. Then my hubby drove her to her friend’s. My son and I went out front and played catch for a while. Then we went into the backyard and played a few different games , until it was dark and a bit chilly and we no longer could see very well. I turned on the big backyard light so we could finish our magnetic dart game. Then we came inside and we got ready for bed. We were both super tired! I’m so tired that my eyes hurt! My stupid stomach was feeling really very nauseous today! I wish I knew why. Like I predicted, I was gone for too long and was unable to go to the lab today. I guess Monday it is! For now, I’m going to bed.

Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.” “Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s