New Bed!

This morning we got out of bed at a much better time then yesterday. We quickly printed a few Birthday invitations for my son’s birthday party coming up this weekend. I meant to do it Sunday so that he could give them to his friends on Monday, but I completely forgot!! I wanted to get it done today before he left for school, so that he could bring them with him today and hand them out. I was worried about giving people enough notice. Once my hubby dropped him off we went to Leduc and met a lady that I was buying a Spider-Man comforter, sheets, curtains, garbage can and toy box from. My son’s old bed was a toddler bed, so we didn’t have the correct sized blankets for his new bed. He just loves Spider-Man and the lady I bought them from (I found it on the marketplace on Facebook) told me that they were practically new and hardly used. They do look like they are in excellent condition. I’m obviously going to wash them before putting them on his new bed. The mattress is supposed to be delivered on Friday. So I have time to wash them. We drove back home after picking them up and had breakfast. Then my hubby, my oldest daughter and I went to the city to our friends Carol’s house. She had a bike that she thought may work for my daughter. So we went there and my daughter tried out the bike. She liked it, so my hubby loaded it into the van. We visited with Carol for a bit. Then we drove to St Albert for my Dr Hauptman appointment. He was thrilled that I’ve been walking on the treadmill so much. He’s been asking me to start walking for a few years now. He thinks that it’s fine that I went off of the antidepressant. He just wishes that I would have weaned off of them and not stopped them cold turkey. He said that I would definitely go through withdrawal by stopping them like that! So I was right about that! I still feel a tad nauseous and I gag at even the smallest funny smell and when brushing my teeth. It’s frustrating. I didn’t talk to him about it though, as he’s my chronic pain dr. I’m going to see my regular dr and talk to her about it. He was thrilled with how little pain I’ve been having. He said that with TN and fibromyalgia he rarely sees people who have days with no pain. We decided to decrease my Suboxone from 3 of the 8mg tabs a day to 2 a day. He’s hopeful that I won’t notice a big difference. I’m happy to decrease my meds. If I don’t need them or if I need less then I will definitely try that. It’s better than taking more than I need! After we saw him my daughter and I were starving! My momma called right when we were looking for a place to eat. We stopped and ate quickly, then we drove back to Beaumont. In town we stopped at the Aquafit Centre because I needed to sign a form saying that I understood the rules regarding using the pool and party room for a birthday party. I asked my hubby to sign it on the weekend when he was there with my son for his swimming lessons, but he forgot to. We went home after that. We were only there for about 10 minutes before I had to run out to pick up the kids from school. We got back home and my son wasn’t feeling well, he’s caught a little bit of a cold. He’s coughing and sneezing and has a runny nose. I hope that it doesn’t turn into anything bigger since his birthday is this weekend. My hubby left to go pick up the new bed for my son. My son wanted to lie down and go on the iPad. First my oldest daughter, my son and I got some laundry going and then we went upstairs. They climbed into my bed. He was on the iPad and she was reading a book. I went downstairs and walked on the treadmill for about 50 minutes. When I was finished I got cleaned up and then I got supper going. I realized that I didn’t really have a lot of time. I had to leave to drive my daughter to dance. I just made grilled cheese for supper, because that’s what the kids wanted! My hubby got back while I was cooking. He spent a couple hours with the husband of the woman we were buying the bed from taking it all apart!He needed help unloading the parts of the bed. My kids all went outside to help him. My son came running in 2 minutes later crying with blood dripping down his leg. He fell onto one of the pieces of the bed frame. I burned a sandwich while trying to clean him up and put a couple bandaids on his leg. My daughter came in and quickly ate her sandwich and I made one for myself. They got everything unloaded onto the front lawn. We had to leave, so my oldest finished the sandwiches, I had them all prepared, they just needed to be grilled. We took the van, since they just unloaded it in time. We drove to the city. My daughter only dances for an hour Tuesday’s, so I just sat in the car in the parking lot. It wasn’t exactly a difficult dance class…a few of them were missing, so they sat around and talked for a bit, then they came outside and my daughter asked me for money. They piled into one of her dance friend’s car and the teacher’s car and drove to get something to drink. They got back to the studio at about 9:10. What an exerting dance class!!She went into the studio and got her things and we drove home. When we got home my oldest was putting my son to bed in my bed and my hubby was in our son’s bedroom assembling the new bed. Some of the parts were still in the front yard and in the main entryway. I helped him put the rest of the bed together. It took until about 11:30-11:45. It’s much bigger then I thought it would be. It almost takes up half of his room!! I took a photo of the finished product!!

It’s very sturdy. It says that the max weight is 250 Lbs, but it feels very strong!! My oldest used to have the old metal IKEA loft bed that was super high up (she would hit her head if she sat all the way up in bed!!) It used to creak and shake. It never felt that sturdy to me!! This one feels very strong!! There are stairs on the one end and each stair is actually a drawer. Then there is the little closet and the full sized desk with drawers and shelves. It has a lot of storage, which is great because we’re going to have to get rid of some of the furniture that we used to have in his room for storage!! We won’t have the mattress until Friday, so he won’t be able to sleep on it until the weekend. I’m sure he’s going to get to lot of use out of it. He was pretty excited to get rid of his tiny bed. After all, he is turning 8 this weekend! Definitely too old for his little toddler bed!! We just need to go through everything he has and organize it and get rid of a ton of it! He definitely has way too much stuff!! We still have a book shelf in his room that is full of board books and little kid books! I’m kind of a book fanatic and I love them! I have a difficult time getting rid of books, but they are just taking up space that we really don’t have. I’m going to get ahold of my niece and see if she needs any books for her and her little man. He’s not quite 1 yet, but he’s not far from the board books, he’s probably already old enough for some of them. We have a lot!! Anyway, I feel like I’m rambling and I’m tired and it’s late!! I’m going to hit the hay now. Until tomorrow 😘

Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.” “Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s