Flying Home!

This morning I woke up at about 9:30. We had to leave the villa around 11:45 to go to the airport. We spent the morning packing, which was not all that easy – because of all that we bought. We ended up having to use the lightweight travel backpack that I brought to use for our day trips. We fit everything in except for the sunblock that we brought. We left that behind. We won’t be needing any until the summer and we have a lot at home. When we got to the airport and they weighed my stuffed suitcase it was 51.5 lbs. it’s only supposed to weigh 50 lbs, but they let it go. We checked my hubby’s small carry-on suitcase, because he now had the backpack as a carry-on. We were a bit early, in anticipation of lines, but we got our bags checked and through security quite quickly. So we stopped at a restaurant in the airport, because we were both hungry and knew that we wouldn’t get a full meal for a long time. After eating we went to our gate. We only had to wait for about 20 minutes before they started boarding. Our first flight from Jamaica to Toronto was pretty smooth for the most part. There was only about 5 minutes of shakiness, which I hate!! It just freaks me out! I was gripping my hubby’s leg the whole 5 minutes. Lucky for him and his sunburnt leg that it was only 5 minutes!! I watched 2 movies on that flight using the WestJet connect app. I have a few movies downloaded on Netflix on my iPad, but for some reason Netflix wouldn’t work. I thought with downloaded movies that I didn’t need wifi, but maybe Netflix only works with wifi or internet, who knows. We arrived in Toronto on time. We were near the back of the plane and it took forever to get off the plane. We were concerned that we wouldn’t make our connecting flight. We had only an hour to go through customs, get our bags, re-check our bags, go through security, find a bathroom and get to our gate. We arrived at our gate with about 2 minutes to spare before boarding!! We quickly talked to our oldest daughter and then had to board the plane. During that flight I watched two more movies. It’s just a good way to kill time and it distracts me, so that I worry less about flying. We arrived at about 10:40pm. We decided to take a cab home. That way our daughter could stay home and not have to drive to pick us up and our younger daughter didn’t have to stay awake to watch her little brother. We are both feeling tired, because it was a long day and we are still on Jamaica time. It’s remarkable how quickly your body switches over to a new time (at least when it’s only a couple of hours difference). It’s now 3:10 in Jamaica time!!! I’m just beat! Our oldest was still awake when we got home. She came downstairs to see us. While we were talking in our newly painted bright white kitchen (I knew that my dad would paint while we were gone!! Thanks dad!!) I saw a little face peeking downstairs through the railing. Our little man woke up. He ran down and gave me a monster hug!! Our younger daughter was sleeping. We all talked for a bit, but it got late really fast. Our son was so tired that he said he’d go up and wait for me to come say goodnight. When I came upstairs, he was sleeping already. Well, I think that it’s time for me to do the same thing! I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed!! Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.””Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s