Jamaica Day 5

Today I woke up around 9:00. We had breakfast and got ourselves dressed and ready to go. We drove, or rather Bill drove us, to Ocho Rios. It was about an hour and a half to two hour drive. We stopped at some scenic spots along the way and got some photos. When we arrived at Dunn’s River Falls Bill showed us where to go to buy our tickets. When you get changed into your bathing suits and put whatever you don’t want to get wet into a locker, you sign up with a guide. They wait until there are about 12-15 people on the list. Then the guide takes you down to the beach. He introduced us to the videographer, who records the group climbing up the falls. When you are at the bottom on the beach looking up the waterfall, it’s very intimidating! I wish I got a photo from the bottom. Hopefully it’s on the video. Here’s just a small section somewhere in the middle:

There were some pretty little kids in our group. I told myself that if they can do it, I can do it too! They have you line up and form a human chain, holding the hand of the person in front of you and behind you. I went in front of my hubby (he said in case I fall, so he could catch me). I was behind a young girl, probably about 12 years old. The guide started at the front, while the videographer goes in some of the pools and opposite from us, in order to record us climbing. There were some big steps and slippery stones, even though they scrub the rocks we walk along with steel brushes every morning. Near the bottom, there was a big step down from a rock with water rushing over just your feet, to waist high water!! I made the step, but my hubby slipped and fell into the pool at this spot, thankfully it was deep enough that he didn’t hit any rocks, he just got really wet! There were some big, precarious steps where the guide would stay at the spot and help people up. There was a place where you can slide down and go under and another place where we stood side by side (my hubby and I) and you fall in backwards. It was a lot of fun! At one point I thought we were done, but the waterfall curved and continued up. We had a good time and it felt really good when we finally reached the top! We our guide, Floyd, said that they don’t stop people from going up on their own, but that’s when they see the most falls and injuries. And I can see that, because there were spots when it looked like you could go straight up from where you were, but they’d take you across the falls to go up the other side. They knew where there were holes or random deep spots and would tell everyone to keep left or whatever to avoid a sudden deep step and a potential fall. It was a neat experience and I am glad that I didn’t chicken out at the bottom – lol!! We decided to buy the video, because how often are we going to do something like that?! Then we bought some water and a t-shirt, got changed and went to find Bill. We were a bit hungry, so Bill took us into Ocho Rios to a jerk restaurant. He came in with us and we all had something to eat. Then we got back on the road for our long drive back to the villa. I got some neat photos on the way home. We popped into the grocery store to buy a couple things, some veggies for supper and more bottles of water. Then we came back to the villa. We had supper not long after we got home. We had fish tonight. Then we tried to watch our video from this afternoon, but we couldn’t get the DVD player to work. My hubby is generally quite good at figuring those kind of things out, but he just couldn’t get it to work. He thinks something may be wrong with the cords. We ended up bumming out for a bit in front of the tv. Then we came into the bedroom because we were both feeling tired. He’s already asleep. He fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed. I said that I was going to FaceTime the kids, he said okay. By the time my younger daughter answered, he was already asleep!! I ended up talking to them on my own. My daughter was excited to tell me about her special meditation class in dance tonight. My son is starting to really miss me. My oldest keeps complaining about a plugged toilet that she can’t get unclogged. It’s been that way for a few days now!! Silly girl! I told her to ask my dad, her grandad, for help if he comes over to work on the cabinets again. I guess he’s still been painting the cabinets while we’ve been gone. Thanks daddy 😘 I’m excited to see it! Well, it’s 12:47 here and I’m beat! I couldn’t fall asleep last night, so I’m tired today!! Tomorrow we plan on spending the afternoon at the beach! So it won’t require quite as much energy as we needed for today. Despite that, I’m going to bed now! Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to http://www.tnnme.com (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.””Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!

1 thought on “Jamaica Day 5

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s