Instant Pot Success!

Today my son and I slept in. I probably have to get him on a better schedule as they’re back at school on Monday. My hubby was calling me from work, which was what woke me up. I got up to Instantly realize that my back felt worse. I had to roll onto my side and push myself up to get out of bed. (You know, the way they teach you to get up after many surgeries.) Anyway, I felt pretty crappy this morning. I kicked my daughter out of my spot on the couch and made a cup of tea and carefully sat down and didn’t move for a while. Until my son was hungry. Then I forced myself to get more mobile. It’s difficult with a back that keeps cramping up and spasming. Anyway, after my son ate, I drove him to go play with a friend. Then I went to the bank and I went to Sobeys. I swear I saw a mouse in the store!! I was walking along the main isle on the back part of the store, I was almost at the pop isle when something went darting in front of me across the floor into and under the pop isle. Freaked me out. I told the girl at the till and she said that she’ll tell the manager. Hopefully she did. Yuck! After Sobeys, I got Starbucks and then went home. I made my daughter some KD and had a Caesar salad while watching flip or flop. Then I got my chicken ready to cook in my Instant Pot. I delay started it, then my daughter and I left. We picked up her two friends and I drove them all to the theatre in South Common to see a movie. I dropped them off. I popped into Walmart on the way home and bought my son a good pair of winter gloves and mittens. The ones that he was using were cheap and falling apart! These new ones are Hot Paws and seem much better made. I’m sure they’ll do the trick. When I got home my silly billy hubby said that he turned off my Instant Pot because it was finished counting down…sigh! He turned it off just as it was actually about to start cooking!! Oops! So my chicken was still raw!! So we decided to delay it a little while longer and go to Costco before supper, instead of after. So, we went to Costco. We needed quite a bit, that place sure can add up quickly! We almost spent $400.00 on groceries. But we hadn’t been in a while and there were a lot of things that we needed.

Once we got back home and put everything away, I finished boiling and mashing potatoes and steamed some beans and used a fake packet of gravy (after the failed gravy from the roast last week). The last couple of things, the veggies and the gravy I did once the chicken was cooked and I was letting it de-pressurize on it’s own. (I read that if you do a quick pressure release your chicken can be dry.) I was worried about what it would taste like, after the roast fiasco!! When we took it out it fell apart (definitely cooked in 30 minuets of pressure cooking time!) The skin looked grey, but I knew that the skin wouldn’t brown when cooked this way. We just peeled off the skin and tossed it. The broth/ liquid level seemed way higher than the two cups I started out with!! But the big test was the chicken itself…would it be dry and gross? Or just weird. There was a bit of a different scent from the liquid, so I was worried…but, guess what?! It tasted pretty good!! Yay! It definitely wasn’t dry! My son had already eaten, as had my younger daughter, so it was just my hubby, my oldest and me eating supper. But everyone liked it! I’m so glad! Especially after last time. I was so excited to get my Instant Pot and ended up disappointed after my first attempt! So, I think that I redeemed myself a bit. I’m relieved!

After supper it was already late, we ate pretty late tonight! I watched part of a show with my daughter, then took my son up to bed. My hubby’s also already snoring beside me. He rarely falls asleep before me! However, my daughter and her two friends came here after the movie and they’re downstairs on the main floor. They kicked my hubby off the tv, since they’re sleeping in the living room, so he came upstairs earlier than normal. They’re being pretty loud. I may have to ask them to turn down their voices a bit!! My hubby has to work in the morning. Well, I guess I’m going to go talk to them and then go to bed.

Night All! 💤😴

To help with research and treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia please go to (Trigeminal Neuralgia and Me) to sign a petition to have the we’World Health Organization (WHO) add Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) to their “Health topic list.””Hopefully one day I’ll get it right, or at least have fun, while about it I write!!

Hey! Let me know what you think! Thanx❌😘❌‼️

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s